where in the world is teresa earnhardt?

Taylor Earnhardt, daughter of seven-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Dale Earnhardt, gets behind the wheel to drive her father's famous No. 3 GM Goodwrench Chevrolet at The Goodwood Festival of Speed at The Goodwood Estate on Friday in Chichester, England. (Photo Credit: Peter Fox/Getty Images for NASCAR)If you guessed England you’re correct! I know, how random right? Well it was all a part of a yearly event called Festival of Speed held this weekend at Goodwood Estate in West Sussex, England.

The three day event, hosted by none other than an actual Earl, the Earl of March to be exact, celebrates all forms of racing. This year the festival featured a 1.16-mile hill-climbing competition for all classes and types of race cars and motorcycles, plus a 2.5-kilometer course for historic rally cars.

Four NASCAR teams made the trip across the pond to show their stuff — Hendrick Motorsports, Richard Childress Racing, Team Red Bull and Rusty Wallace Inc.

20-year-old Taylor Earnhardt drove her father’s No. 3 Richard Childress Racing chassis, the car that he drove to his last career win in October 2000. Teresa Earnhardt was on hand as well.

I completely understand why a mother would be there for her daughter at an event like this, but I don’t quite understand why you never see her at an actual NASCAR race when she owns a NASCAR race team. I’m just sayin’.

The other NASCAR drivers included Landon Cassill for Hendrick Motorsports, Rusty Wallace for Rusty Wallace Inc and Mike Skinner for Team Red Bull.

(Left to right) Taylor Earnhardt and Teresa Earnhardt share a moment before Taylor drives the famed No. 3 GM Goodwrench The Goodwood Festival of Speed at The Goodwood Estate on Friday in Chichester, England. (Photo Credit: Peter Fox/Getty Images for NASCAR)

(Left to right) NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Rusty Wallace, Hendrick Motorsports driver Landon Cassill and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver Mike Skinner talk during The Goodwood Festival of Speed at The Goodwood Estate on Friday in Chichester, England. (Photo Credit: Peter Fox/Getty Images for NASCAR)

Driving the No. 24 Hendrick Motorsports T-Rex car, Landon Cassill takes on the hill climb Saturday at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in Chichester, England. (Photo Credit: Ed Heuvink)

Taylor Earnhardt, daughter of seven-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Dale Earnhardt, drives her father's famous No. 3 GM Goodwrench Chevrolet at The Goodwood Festival of Speed at The Goodwood Estate on Friday in Chichester, England. (Photo Credit: Peter Fox/Getty Images for NASCAR)

Taylor Earnhardt, daughter of seven-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Dale Earnhardt, drives her father’s famous No. 3 GM Goodwrench Chevrolet at The Goodwood Festival of Speed at The Goodwood Estate on Friday in Chichester, England. (Photo Credit: Peter Fox/Getty Images for NASCAR)

Mike Skinner, driving the No. 83 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Red Bull Toyota Camry, steals the show with a 400-yard, smoking burnout that thrills the crowd. (Photo Credit: Peter Fox/Getty Images for NASCAR)

1. YowserYowser
    July 5, 2009 at 9:46 PM ·

The reason that Teresa Earnhardt doesn’t come to races is that this brings back a lot of memories of Dale Sr. Also, a lot of fans really hate Teresa because of the issues she and Junior decided to work out in front of Nascar nation. Another perhaps meaner reason, is that a number of women consider Teresa to be a “pit lizard who made bank”.

(Do you really want to say that Dale Sr. was “*-whipped”? I wouldn’t dare.)

It’s a mixed bag and I really don’t blame Teresa for not wanting to come to the track. It’s just too painful and it can be dangerous for her. Teresa is just not welcome in Nascar at the track by the fans and a number of drivers have already voiced their opinion about her. Why bother? Even the media on a number of occassions have expressed their extreme dislike of her.

But people find it easy to forget that Teresa oversaw Junior’s 2004 season which Junior has never been able to duplicate since, even with Hendrick’s engines and chassis. Junior was the one who made a terrible mistake and he knows it.

2. July 21, 2009 at 9:54 AM ·

So good to see Teresa and Taylor out enjoying life.She looks so much like her Father.And Teresa is just as pretty as ever.I wish them both love happiness and peace.

3. Bruce
    October 17, 2010 at 11:54 PM ·

I believe that Jr has made a mistake in his dealings with Teresa and needs to own up to them. After all that what his Dad would have expected of him! Teresa is an intelligent and dedicated woman and doesn’t deserve the treatment she has received. God bless Teresa.

4. terri
    June 6, 2011 at 12:10 AM ·

I think teresa is great..She was with Dale all the way..she deserves better treatment than she is getting…remember she was with him all the way and he loved her very much…dale was very happy and proud of her and that is all that matters..i have been a fan of dale ..i saw him at bristol when he dididnt even have a sponser he made nascar everything that it is…im a fan of jr. could someone tell me how i can get a job with jr ..i dont care if it is selling t-shirts…

5. Becky
    September 10, 2011 at 8:32 PM ·

I think Dale Sr. left things as he did, because of the woman Teresa is. He knew where her loyalty was. As for Jr.I think Dale Sr. knew he wasn’t mature enough to be in charge. I have alot of repect & admiration for Teresa and none for Jr. I would like to see more of Kerry as well. I do not see any of Dale Sr. in Jr. Not in personality and certainly not in looks.

6. carla anderson
    March 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM ·

I’m glad that Teresa didn’t just hand the business to the kids. She stood by Dale as they built DEI. She worked just has hard as Dale did to build it. Dale never signed a contract that she did not read and that they understood everything in it. Teresa and Dale had a love that most people can only dream of, I don’t think poeple think of how alone she most feel with out him. And I think that they forget how she had to fight to keep all the picture of Dale;s death out of the news. She is and always has been a very strong women, one that I think Dale would be very proud of. We love and think the world of you Teresa. I wish you the very best and believe that DEI will one day be everthing Dale and you dream it would be.

7. Tom
    March 17, 2012 at 7:20 PM ·

Carla, what you said is perfect, I could not say it better. You strike me as a smart lady too.
    People need to stop judging so darn much don’t you think………

Tom (Fort Worth,TX)

8. Carla Miller
    August 5, 2012 at 4:56 PM ·

I think Theresa KNOWS now just how bad she messed up with Jr! I dont think Sr would have liked to have DEI merge with other owners, I.e Ganassi for instance! And newsflash, that was a direct result of Jr leaving, & Budweiser, & U.S Army pulled out right behind him. That meant she longer had the means to go it alone! Let us not forget either her saying he needs to decide what he wants to do, either the Rockstar, or be a Driver! Well, she wants to be in the entertainment business now! “Hey, Theresa, take another sip of the hateraid!

9. Denise Wimmer
    August 16, 2012 at 7:52 PM ·

Carla Anderson, loved everything you said, especially about Teresa & Dale’s love for each other. I lost my husband in 2010 who was my best friend in the whole world and I can only imagine how she must feel without Dale. I stand behind her. I am a fan of Jr.’s but feel he & Teresa did what they had to do and I’m sure Dale would approve.

10. September 8, 2012 at 7:01 AM ·

I hope all the best for Teresa and her team. Jr cannot drive even as close as SR. did.