scott speed got married

Now this is the kind of news I like to report. One of my fave things to do on a Saturday afternoon is to read wedding announcements in the local newspaper. They are the single girl’s sports page, ya know. :)

Scott & Amanda Speed's wedding, 7.18.09, (c) Pixelcrisp (Courtesy of Red Bull Racing Team)You’ll notice that I haven’t said boo about Jeremy Mayfield’s drug test issues, mostly because it’s so freaking depressing.

Weddings and babies are so much more positive and hopeful. Hearing some dude call his stepmother a whore is not.

Congratulations to Scott and Amanda Speed who were married this past Saturday, July 18th in North Carolina. I love the wedding photo, don’t you? :)

Scott Andrew Speed, 26, said “I do” on Saturday as he tied the knot with Amanda Smith Mathis during a black-and-white ceremony and reception at the 55-acre Graylyn Estate in Winston-Salem, N.C.

The couple got engaged in November 2008 and made it official, even writing their own vows, in front of 120 of their closest family and friends.

“Scott was really excited to have all his friends and family there from all over the world,” Amanda Speed said. “We had a ton of fun. I don’t think he was ever nervous, though. He got a little choked up during the vows and the first dance.”

As for the first dance, it came to Jordin Sparks’ “No Air.” As for the honeymoon, the Speeds will travel to the Caribbean during the off week in August.

(photo credit: (c) Pixelcrisp (Courtesy of Red Bull Racing Team)

1. Angela
    July 21, 2009 at 10:55 AM ·

Congrats to Scott and Amanda. Did you know that Jamie McMurray and Christy also got married that day?

2. July 21, 2009 at 6:24 PM ·

OMGosh I didn’t even expect them to get married during this off weekend. Wasn’t McMurray suppose to get married too?
    Congrats to the happy couple!

3. Ashley Shelton
    July 25, 2009 at 11:12 PM ·

Just a little update about the Speed wedding: They were actually already married before July 18, 2009, even before their said engagement. Mecklenburge Co. register of deeds in NC. states that the couple was married on September 10, 2008. Just thought I would put that out there

4. Rachel
    July 26, 2009 at 8:04 PM ·

Not saying you’re wrong Ashley, but what? Like, why would they be married for nearly a year, then have a big wedding? Why lie, when it’s checkable? Ya know? Strange.

5. sophie
    July 27, 2009 at 12:28 PM ·

Did Jamie actually get married?When they talked to him durning speeds coverage this past weekend no ring and no mention to him about being married.

6. Dawn
    July 27, 2009 at 1:54 PM ·

First of all Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Speed on their nuptials!!! Second to Ashley who cares if the first wedding was private and then they decided to have a public wedding? I know a lot of people who have done that. Seems like that shouldn’t matter? I hope the happy couple has a beautiful life together and if Jamie McMurray was married also then congrats to them also!

7. sophie
    July 27, 2009 at 4:44 PM ·

Oh i agree congrats to both couples if both couples were married.The story about Scott and Amanda’s wedding was crazy nothing less than i expected.