carl edwards in just his underwear, i’m not kidding!

Carl Edwards in ESPN The Magazine's Body Issue (Photo credit: Sarah A. Friedman, ESPN The Magazine)I know that I’ve been known to mention a driver’s good looks here and there, but I don’t think I’ve ever devoted an entire post to one guy’s hotness.

On October 9th ESPN The Magazine’s first ever “Body Issue” hits newsstands everywhere. Included in this special issue is none other than NASCAR’s Carl Edwards. Carl’s shirtless body has been documented before, on the cover of Men’s Health (and the cover of ESPN The Magazine) and even during race telecasts. I have vivid memories of him climbing the side of a mountain in Mexico bare-chested, but I digress.

It’s a known fact that Carl is like, adorable. It’s not just that he’s good looking, it’s also that he’s so freaking nice. You don’t get a jerk vibe from him at all, which only serves to make his gorgeousness that much more annoying, and his wife that much more lucky!

Despite the fact that I’ve seen Carl’s abs before, I haven’t seen them on top of just boxer-briefs so you can count on seeing me at my local Barnes & Noble picking up a copy of the “Body Issue.”

(photo credit: Sarah A. Friedman, ESPN The Magazine)

1. September 30, 2009 at 10:33 AM ·

It is times like these that I could be a Carl Edwards fan LOL

2. RA6AN
    September 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM ·

Penni, I am an Edwards fan, and let me tell you, YUM!
    I’d like to put my hands all over that!

3. Phoenyx
    September 30, 2009 at 3:24 PM ·

There’s a sight that never gets old! Even though there’s been times where Carl’s really pissed me off, I still can’t help but admire the man’s physique.

The captcha words are “suitcase wife” which is somewhat disturbing. Just had to share that. :)

4. Phoenyx
    September 30, 2009 at 3:28 PM ·

Oh yeah! And I love how in that pic above he is posed next to the front end of a late 70s Ford Truck (or Bronco). My husband had a 1979 Bronco for a while, that thing was cool!

5. mike w
    October 1, 2009 at 8:13 AM ·

I love carl edwards. dude is hot.

6. Mlynn
    October 1, 2009 at 8:57 PM ·

Not a fan of certain aspects of Carl Edwards like his weird steroid-like aggression toward other drivers and some others things that slipped my mind at this moment BUT I am a fan of his extreme hard work ethic as far as his physical health. And his ability to make me laugh so hard I aggravate my hernia like last year at the end of the Kansas race.

The dude abides.

The dude abide with those amazing deltoids.

He looks like he could run a race on a elephant just by shear physical ability while every other driver save Mark Martin would be struggling with their cars with power steering.