– First, some housekeeping. I’ve added a photo gallery to the site that contains all of the photos I’ve taken from my race weekend adventures. Definitely take a moment and check ‘em out. There are a lot of great photos in there that I’ve never featured on the site. If you’re a Kasey Kahne they’re especially good because there are a couple where he’s looking right at the camera so you can pretend he’s looking at you.
– There are 3 days left in the Tweet2Vegas sweepstakes which will send you and a friend to Las Vegas during the NASCAR Champion’s Week from December 2 through December 5th. You’ll get to attend After the Lap presented by Tissot, a Q&A session with the top 12 Sprint Cup Series drivers after they’ve taken their lap down Las Vegas’ famous Strip. Just follow NASCAR on Twitter for details.
– Here are some things to do this weekend at Phoenix International Raceway. I wish I was there:
CHEVY RIDE AND DRIVE AT PHOENIX!
When you go to a NASCAR race you get to watch some great driving on the track… but Chevrolet thinks consumers should get to feel the need for speed too! On Friday-Saturday, November 13 & 14 during the Checker O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 Presented by Pennzoil race weekend at Phoenix International Raceway, fans will have a rare opportunity to actually get behind the wheel of the coveted new Camaro for a test drive. Plus, all participants get a cool Camaro t-shirt!
The free Chevy Ride and Drive is a great way to experience and test drive brand new Chevrolet products right there at the Speedway. Participants will first get to enjoy some action behind the wheel of the 2010 Chevy Equinox, Malibu, Silverado or Traverse, and then take a spin in the all- new 2010 Chevy Camaro!
A sleek, fun, and efficient sports car for the 21st century, the 2010 Camaro combines great looks and performance, along with advanced technology and surprising efficiency.
The Chevy Ride and Drive is located near the Chevy Racing Display in the midway at Phoenix International Raceway and is open to the public on Friday, Nov. 13 from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, and on Saturday, Nov 14 from 8:00 am – Noon. Fans can pre-register and skip the lines! See www.teamchevytestdrive.com for all the information!
CHEVY RACING DISPLAY AT PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY!
There is also an interactive Chevy Racing Display where you can check out all the latest Chevrolet cars and trucks along, with actual race cars, and pick up a complimentary gift.
The Chevy Racing Display is located in the Midway, and is open to the public on Friday, Nov. 13 from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 14 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., and Sunday, Nov. 15 from 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Both the Chevy Racing Display and the Chevy Ride and Drive feature the same vehicles that are offered in the Chevrolet dealerships owned by NASCAR star drivers Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin and others including Malibu Sedan LTZ, Camaro 2SS, Traverse FWD LTZ, Traverse LT, Equninox, Tahoe 2wd LTZ, Suburban 1500 2wd LTZ, Silverado 1500 2wd Crew Cab LTZ!
– I have to give huge, huge props to Starbucks for sponsoring the No. 1 team this weekend at Phoenix. I have been saying for sometime now that Starbucks should sponsor a NASCAR team (and me!) and I think this will be really good for them. They’re promoting their new instant coffee product, Via. A NASCAR race is the perfect place for that, somewhere where you want a great cup of coffee in a pinch.
– On the same topic I have to give a huge middle finger to the jackass at the Seattle Weekly who has absolutely no clue what he’s talking about. Ya know, you could easily spend your entire life defending and explaining NASCAR to idiots but what’s the point? He clearly hasn’t been to a race ever. If he’d ever been to a NASCAR race he’d know that there is diversity, not just in ethnicities represented, but also in tax brackets. I’m so tired of people leaning on tired stereotypes. Get over yourself.