– Tonight SHOWTIME® is airing TOGETHER: The Hendrick Motorsports Story at 10:30 PM ET/PT. The documentary style film is narrated by everybody’s favorite couch jumping hottie, and Hendrick family friend, Tom Cruise.
– Carl Edwards will make his 200th Cup start with Roush Fenway Racing this weekend at Phoenix International Raceway. He’s just the fifth driver in the 23-year history of Roush Fenway to do so.
– Did you know that Dale Earnhardt Jr. opened another Whisky River location? Well he did and it’s in Jacksonville, Florida. Kelly Bires will be driving a special Whisky River Jacksonville paint scheme on the No. 88 for the Bashas’ Supermarkets 200 at PIR this weekend.
– And since I’m already talking about JR Motorsports, you should know that Landon Cassill will be taking over the No. 7 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet in the Nationwide Series for four races starting with Phoenix. It’s a good thing PIR is one of Landon’s favorite tracks:
“I have family out in Phoenix, so I enjoy going there. It’s also the home to Go Daddy, and it seems teams always do well in their sponsor’s hometowns. It’s a good track for me. I finished sixth last time I raced there. It’s a tricky track. It’s technical, slick and doesn’t offer a lot of grip. It will be a tough race, but overall, Phoenix is one of my top-five favorite places to go in the Nationwide Series schedule.”
– Ya know, it’s really easy to be green. I don’t know what Kermit The Frog was yelping about. J/K, I know what he meant, he obviously wasn’t talking about helping reduce waste and save the planet, I think he was referencing personal issues. Anyway, enough about Kermie, and more about Tony Stewart and his No. 14 Office Depot/Old Spice Chevy and it’s new paint scheme for this weekend’s Subway Fresh Fit 600 at Phoenix International Raceway.
(credit: Action Sports Photography)
Office Depot® has teamed up with EarthEra®, a program created by NextEra™ Energy Resources, North America’s largest producer of wind and solar power, to launch a new Office Depot Greener Shipping Program that we can all benefit from.
The new Office Depot Greener Shipping Program encourages eligible Office Depot customers to “grow greener” by changing how they buy office supplies. When eligible customers eliminate small orders, increase average order size and help reduce delivery frequency, Office Depot will provide rebates on certain green products and purchase EarthEra products on the customer’s behalf.
“I love spending time outdoors, especially when I’m at home, and taking care of the environment is important to me,” said Stewart, who lives near his hometown of Columbus, Indiana, and functions in the dual role of driver and team owner at Stewart-Haas Racing. “As a business owner myself, I am always trying to find better and more efficient ways of doing things to cut down on waste, and I’m proud to help get the word out about the partnership between Office Depot and EarthEra.”