The two finalists in Office Depot’s “Official Small Business of NASCAR” sweepstakes have been chosen and are attending this weekends race at Dover to find out who will be named the “Official Small Business of NASCAR” for 2010. It all depends on where Greg Biffle and Tony Stewart finish in Sunday’s AAA 400.
Normally, I would write more and give you all the details about the finalists (seen at left) but NASCAR’s Andrew Giangola wrote an AWESOME piece about the Tony, Greg and the finalists. It’s really good away from the track stuff. I mean, I really wish I had been at that dinner. Super fun. Anyway, go read the article!
Oh! And below is a nice video about the two finalists, Rose Berger, owner of Professional Cleaning Service in Greer, S.C., and Mike Pagano, owner of PaganoPhoto – Photos by Mike Pagano in Cedar Brook, N.J. The economy’s issues have affected us all in some way and these two finalists have had their fair share, which is why this contest is so great because it helps these small businesses get a leg up.
In other news…
– Ford Motor Company and Coca-Cola want to send you to Las Vegas during the 2010 NASCAR Champion’s Week! The new “SEND ME 2 VEGAS” contest began last week, if you submit your entry you could win a 2011 Ford Taurus SHO valued at up to $40,000 and a VIP trip for two to NASCAR After The Lap.
NASCAR After The Lap is a Q&A session with the top-12 Chase drivers that will take place at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino on December 2nd. It’s free to attend and, speaking as someone who experienced it last year, it’s a really fun time. This year thanks to Coke and Ford they’ve upped the fan experience and have added a “fan-interactive Coca-Cola Fan Zone complete with The Sprint Experience, Ford vehicles, games, concessions, entertainment and more.”
If you don’t win, and can’t get out to Vegas otherwise, the NASCAR After The Lap event will be broadcast online at NASCAR.com and on Sirius XM Radio.
Here are more deets on how you can enter the contest and get involved:
“SEND ME 2 VEGAS”
- After entering the “SEND ME 2 VEGAS” sweepstakes, fans can submit a message to their favorite NASCAR driver at NASCARafterthelap.com and at Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup races at The Sprint Experience and the Ford and Coca-Cola displays at select races.
- Fans’ messages will be compiled and assembled into a card featured during NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Champion’s Week at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
- The “SEND ME 2 VEGAS” sweepstakes’ winner will present a version of the card to the 2010 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ChampionTM live at NASCAR After The Lap.
Coca-Cola Chase for Charity
- The Coca-Cola Chase for Charity is an online auction that allows fans to bid on collectible, autographed items. Bidding begins Monday, Sept. 20 and concludes Friday, Dec. 3 at 8 p.m. ET. Proceeds benefit The NASCAR Foundation, a 501 (c) 3 non-profit entity that embodies the compassion of the NASCAR family and its commitment to serving communities.
To enter the “SEND ME 2 VEGAS” sweepstakes, visit NASCARafterthelap.com or enter at select tracks. See Official Rules for details. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by JHE Production Group Inc. and is open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and District of Columbia who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. ET Sept. 15, 2010, and ends at 2 p.m. ET Nov. 21, 2010.
– Kenny Loggins will perform at Auto Club Speedway on October 10th before the start of the NASCAR Spring Cup Series race. I’m excited! He has to play “Danger Zone.” Who didn’t love Top Gun?