I don’t know why I always feel this way when Jimmie Johnson wins a race. It’s like watching Survivor and getting pissed off when the idiots have the upper hand and they don’t take the opportunity to vote off the obviously stronger player when they have the chance. It’s silly. That’s how I feel when I see Jimmie Johnson leading a race.
All posts by1066 Posts
“At Any Price” is a new film starring Zac Efron, Dennis Quaid and Heather Graham. I’m telling you about it because Zac Efron’s character is a young man who dreams of racing in the big leagues of NASCAR one day, but that’s not what the movie really, really about.
I haven’t missed a Fontana race in 5 years, so it really sucked when I realized I wouldn’t be able to go this year. All the action & drama that happened on Sunday made it that much worse, but then again there’s no guarantee that it would have happened had I gone so I’m using that to make me feel better about the whole thing.
I was watching Kasey Kahne in victory lane at Bristol on Sunday. I listened to him talk and I couldn’t help but feel like something was different about him. He seems more manly. I’m not saying that he wasn’t manly before but he seemed more… something.
Do you watch ABC’s show “Shark Tank”? Ya know, the show where entrepreneurs try to get the “Sharks” to invest in their companies & ideas. (I LOVE this show! I wish I had something I could present to them in hopes of making a deal. And even if you don’t the exposure alone is worth it.) Well one of those potential investors has set his sights on a NASCAR driver.
"The biggest thing is I think that we won in the judge of the people and their opinion I think some of the peers of mine – at least the ones that have a backbone had the nerve to stick up for what they know is right and wrong – agreed. "
This is just. I can’t.
Matt Kenseth is a great race car driver and it’s cool that he won, and as my mom said when I told her that, “well it’s nice that someone different won,” I couldn’t disagree with her. It’s true, but why I am not super excited when Matt Kenseth wins? I have no idea. It’s not personal.
I feel compelled to share with you the television programming I have been enjoying lately:
– Fast N’ Loud (Discovery): Everyone assumes that because I like NASCAR that I must be a “car person” and I’m not, at least not in the traditional sense.
Carl Edwards, who is sponsored by Subway, won the Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix International Raceway yesterday which is wraps up his 70-race losing streak nicely.
Jimmie Johnson won the Daytona 500 and in the distance I could hear the sound of the saddest trombone sighing “waaah, waaah, waaaaaaah.”
I might be writing this more for me than for you, but either way I still need to get it down on electronic paper.
If I had written this post a week ago it would have said that I was going to stop blogging altogether. But I’ve had time to think about it and I’ve decided to not quit.
shocking news: nascar drivers don’t care about danica patrick’s relationship with ricky stenhouse jr.
Through some completely unscientific research I’ve done while reading interviews with NASCAR drivers during yesterday’s Media Day in Daytona, I’ve determined that nobody gives a flying fig about Danica Patrick dating Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and people should probably stop asking them about it.
Jamie McMurray and his wife, Christy, welcomed their second child into the world on Monday. Their daughter Hazel joins her older brother, Carter, who turns 3-years-old this year.
For the second year in a row Kasey Kahne, driver of the No. 5 Farmers Insurance Chevrolet for Hendrick Motorsports, has won the title of the Hottest NASCAR Driver. Over 17,000 votes were cast in the final round, with Kasey clinching the title with 70% of the vote, leaving runner-up Clint Bowyer with 30%.
Over 8,700 votes were cast in Round 4 of the Hottest NASCAR Driver Tournament, and yet again votes were cast up to the very last minute! Let’s find out which two drivers made it to the finals.
Upon hearing the news of Dario Franchitti & Ashley Judd’s statement that they’re getting a divorce, this was my reaction:
Over 5,600 votes were cast in Round 3 of the Hottest NASCAR Driver Tournament, up to the very last minute! Find out who’s only one round away from the finals.
This past week was the Sprint Media Tour in Charlotte, which meant that the NASCAR media corps got to ask the same questions they always ask, hope someone gives an interesting answer (Tony Stewart stepped up), eat free food and get free stuff. So of course I’m annoyed I couldn’t go — because of the free food & swag, obviously — but what can you do.